Mississippi 811 is here to serve and protect homeowners across our great state. We are here for you to submit information about any home excavation projects you are planning, such as planting a tree, building a fence or any other circumstances that include digging in your yard. Our trained representatives will assist you in providing the necessary information to our member companies. Once notified of your planned excavation, members should locate their underground facilities or notify you if clear within 2 working days of your request.
When you call before you dig, you’ll prevent unintended consequences such as injury to you or your family, damage to your property, utility service outages to the entire neighborhood and potential fines and repair costs.
Mississippi 811 services are FREE to you!
- To submit a locate request, DIAL 811, or 800.227.6477.
When making a locate request, please have the following information ready:
- Individual name/Resident name/phone number
- Contact information: Name of contact and contact number(s)
- Worksite information
- Type of work/excavation
- Location/Address, town/city, county
- Driving directions with distances may be required
- Locate instructions (where digging will occur)
- (Example: front, back, sides, etc…)
- Additional information, including access issues
- (Example: locked gates, dogs, etc…)
- Special instructions
- (Example: Call prior to going to site, use flags and paint, etc…)
Please click Required Information below for more details.